Makerere University (Mak) and the University of Bergen (UiB) have organized their first-ever joint doctoral research school under the Makerere-University of Bergen Collaboration. This ten-day event will be held from 28th November to 9th December 2022 at Makerere University-Main Campus under the theme: Food and Water Security in a Changing World specifically addressing some of the main Global Challenges that are facing our world that also cut across several of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
You are cordially invited to the research school opening ceremony due to be held on Monday 28th November 2022 from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM EAT.
Guest of Honour: H.E. Elin Østebø Johansen, Ambassador of Norway to Uganda
- Prof. Barnabas Nawangwe, Vice Chancellor, Makerere University
- Prof. Benedicte Carlsen, Vice rector, University of Bergen
A keynote address will be held on the topic: Higher Education partnerships and the Sustainable Development Goals for Developing countries
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Lwando Mdleleni, Senior Researcher, University of the Western Cape
- Alicia Donnellan Barraclough, University of Bergen, representative of EuroMAB Youth
- Doreen Kansiime, 1,000 Women's Gardens for Health and Nutrition
- Theogen Habumugisha, University of Bergen
- Dr. Akite Perpetra, Makerere University
Please see Downloads for Concept note and detailed programme.