Following the complex and unprecedented challenges brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic, excellence in research and innovation has never been more vital. Makerere University and its partner public Universities are uniquely positioned to play an integral role in the economic and social recovery post-pandemic at a national, regional, and international level, and crucial to this are strengths in research, development, and innovation.
During the conference, the researchers will share their findings from research studies with a view to keeping the public, researchers and policy makers informed of current research activities relevant to the realization of the NDP II, Uganda vision 2040, African Charter 2063; and SDGs 2030
Date: 9th - 10th May 2022
The Conference aims to bring together academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Research and Innovation Conference. It also provides a premier interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners, and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields of Research and Innovation.
Theme: Two Decades of Swedish Support to Societal Transformation Through Research, Innovations and Partnerships
- Natural Resource Utilisation, Energy and Environmental Sustainability
- Agriculture, Food Security, Safety and Value Addition
- One health, Health Promotion and Health Systems
- Culture, Socio-economic Development, Governance, Conflict and Social justice
- Climate Change and Disaster Management
- Advances in Education, Science and Technology
- Gender And Women’s Empowerment
- ICT, Library, Research Environment and Knowledge Translation
Attachments: (Click to download)