Karolinska Institutet (KI) and Makerere University jointly established the Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Health (CESH). The aim of the Centre is to develop capacity and mobilise actions to drive the agenda for sustainable health.
CESH invites you to a Seminar on Uganda Childhood Disability
Date and Time: Friday 25th March, 2022, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EAT
Opening Remarks: Prof. Rhoda Wanyenze, Dean, Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH), CESH
Theme 1: The current situation for children with disabilities in Uganda
- Lillian Namukasa, Program officer; Research. National Council for Persons with Disabilities
- Dr. Carin Andrews, Karolinska Institutet
- Prof. Angelina Kakooza M., Makerere University
- Sarah Ayesiga, Special Needs Education-Ministry of Education Uganda
- Juliet Namukasa, Country Director, International Aid Services Uganda
Theme 2: How to implement health interventions on a community level in low-income settings, examples from the field
- Elizabeth Asige, Akwenda intervention programme
- Godfrey Wanjala, Akwenda intervention programme
- Dr. Flavia Mpanga, Health specialist UNICEF
- Elizabeth Narrowe, Senior programme manager Sida
Zoom Meeting Link
Register in advance for this meeting
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
About the event
The focus of the seminar will be knowledge sharing on the current situation for children with disabilities in Uganda as well as examples from the field on how to implement health interventions on a community level in low-income settings. Presentations will be made by researchers, Non-Governmental Organizations, the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES), UNICEF and Sida. After the presentations, all participants will be invited to contribute to a discussion on "The way forward, how can we collaborate and influence policy?"
Attachments: (Click to download)