The School of Education, College of Education and External Studies (CEES), Makerere University is organizing a Symposium on “Education during and post-COVID-19 in Uganda”. This is being done in collaboration with; The Ministry of Education and Sports and its agencies - National Curriculum Development Center (NCDC), the Uganda National Examination Board (UNEB), Directorate of Industrial Training (DIT), Uganda Business and Technical Examination Board (UBTEB), and civil societies that are involved in education. This will help to analyze the existing COVID-19 situation and forge a way forward for Education.
The Symposium will be held under the theme
“Getting back a right to quality education within the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Date: 24th – 26th November, 2021
The aim of the Symposium
To gather stakeholders concerning primary, secondary and tertiary education in Uganda to assess the impact, develop solutions and jointly forge a multi-partner friendly response and strategies for teaching and learning.
The Objectives of the symposium
- To establish the current status of education amidst Covid-19 interruptions to teaching and learning in Uganda.
- To assess and appreciate the impact Covid-19 interruptions to teaching and learning has had on Education in Uganda.
- To review gaps and needs concerning education before or during resumption of teaching and learning in Uganda.
- To develop and recommend strategies and actions to address gaps and needs identified in respect to teaching and learning in Uganda.
- Develop an inclusive participatory framework as a roadmap for effective conduction of education in Uganda.