The 8th National Conference on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR) will be held under the theme
Strengthening Public Services for Inclusive and Sustainable Socio-economic Recovery.
Date and Time: Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th September, 2021, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Keynote address by: Prof. John Jean Barya.
The aim of the Conference is to take stock of public services policies, laws, practices and mechanisms and how these are impacting on enjoyment of ESCRs for the poor and vulnerable communities before, during and post COVID-19 pandemic. The Conference will discuss the different mechanisms of building a resilient public services system.
- To deliberate on the effective strategies for attaining inclusive and sustainable socio-economic recovery post COVID-19;
- To highlight the importance of quality and accessible public services as a key strategy for socio-economic recovery;
- To assess the efficacy of the current National Development Plan III in guiding socio-economic recovery;
- To examine the role of the international community – including International Finance Institutions in the recovery process.
- The Public Interest Law Clinic (PILAC), School of Law, Makerere University
- Initiative for Social & Economic Rights (ISER)
- Uganda Consortium on Corporate Accountability (UCCA)
- Uganda Human Rights Commission (UHRC)
- The Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC)
In order to receive the Zoom log in details, please register using the link
The event will be telecast live on NTV Uganda and live streamed on YouTube and Zoom from 2:00 to 5:00 p:m. on both days.
Join the conversation using the hashtags #ReclaimPublicServices and #ESCRUg21