The Makerere University Research and Innovations Fund (Mak-RIF) is a special funding stream to support generation and translation of high impact research and innovations to drive Uganda’s development Agenda. This unique initiative is supported by the Government of Uganda.
OBJECTIVES OF THE FUND;
- Developing and funding a robust research agenda based on National development priorities identified from academia, government, implementing partners and industries
- Supporting the dissemination of high quality research and innovations in a way that impacts on development policies and programmes
- Supporting the growth of research leadership capacity in the university
PROJECTS SUPPORTED BY MAK-RIF
Since FY 2019/20, the fund has supported 588 multidisciplinary research and innovation projects across the various colleges. The College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHUSS) has obtained 61 projects across the two financial years.
It is upon this background that the Mak-RIF office in collaboration with CHUSS is organizing an Open Day to showcase some of the outputs of the different research and innovation projects in line with objective 2 of the Fund.
Date and Time: 29th April 2021 from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM EAT
To participate virtually, please register using the link below;
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Ms. Harriet Adong, Communication Officer Mak-RIF/Email: hadong[at]ranlab.org/ Mobile no: +256772470626
- Hasifa Kabejja, Principal Communication Officer, CHUSS/Email: pr.chuss[at]mak.ac.ug/ Mobile no: +256774904211