USAID in collaboration with other partners invites you to join the;
Special One Health COVID-19 Response ECHO Session
For AFROHUN Members and Stakeholders
Time: 4:30 - 6:00 pm EAT
- Introductions – [William Bazeyo, MS, Dr. PH - AFROHUN Secretariat; Jonna Mazet, DVM, MPVM, Ph.D.- UC Davis]
- COVID-19 Global Epidemiology - [Minesh Shah, MD, MPH - Africa Regional Lead, International Task Force, CDC COVID-19 Response]
- COVID-19 Laboratory Diagnostics - [Christina Scheel, Ph.D. - Laboratory Advisor, International Task Force, CDC COVID-19 Response]
- COVID-19 Infection Control and Prevention - [Katie Wilson, MPH - Infection Prevention and Control Deputy Lead, International Task Force, CDC COVID-19 Response]
- COVID-19 One Health Perspective - [Brian Bird, DVM, MSPH, Ph.D. - UC Davis]
- COVID-19 Infection Control Africa Network Experience - [Shaheen Mehtar, MD – ICAN]
- Updates from Africa CDC & WHO AFRO
- Woutrina Smith, DVM, MPVM, Ph.D. - UC Davis
- Bruce Struminger, MD, MA - ECHO Institute, UNM
For Registration and Connection Information, please click here
Please be mindful of COVID-2019 infection prevention and control, try to limit numbers of people joining this learning session from one gathering place and practice social distancing.
WHO guidance on getting workplaces ready for COVID-2019 here.
Please take a minute to install the App before the session as it will help us to track participation in this important session.
Africa One Health University Network - AFROHUN (Formerly One Health Central and Eastern Africa) is a network of 16 universities and 24 institutions in 8 countries across Eastern, Central and Western Africa based at Makerere University.