The 5th National Conference on Communications (NCC) themed Harnessing Opportunities in Emerging 4IR Technologies will be held in Kampala, Uganda, from 17th- 18th October 2019. The NCC provides an opportunity to build capacity and strengthen the academia and industry communities in communications particularly in the research of locally relevant solutions.
The NCC provides students, researchers, developers, and practitioners with a platform to address new research challenges, share solutions and discuss issues relevant to the communications sector of Uganda.
The NCC will also host keynote and invited speakers to share their views on communications from regulation, social-economic, political and gender perspectives.
Main topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Communication Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- ICT infrastructure for Technology Hubs
- ICT security issues in developing countries
- National ICT Plans, Policies, and ICT in Health and Education
- ICT Services, Applications, e-Business and Security
- ICT infrastructures based on alternative energies
- Green communications and energy efficiency
- Next generation (5G) mobile communications
- Advances in 3G and 4G mobile communications
- Cloud computing and network function virtualization (NFV)
- Broadband multimedia systems and services
- Communication Systems for the 4th Industrial Revolution
Dr. Jonathan Serugunda NCC Secretariat, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, CEDAT, Makerere University
Tel/Fax: +256-776-601601; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org